Apr 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Dustin Brown didn’t hold back with his assessment of his team’s performance Sunday.
The L.A. Kings fell behind the San Jose Sharks 2-0 in this best-of-seven Western Conference quarter-final series, after getting embarrassed by a final score of 7-2 in Game 2. The Kings had a 2-0 lead after the first period but gave up seven unanswered goals – all with Jonathan Quick in the net – in the loss.
“We got our asses kicked pretty much and now we go home and we have to take care of our home ice,” Brown said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“It starts with the game on Tuesday. In a series like this, you remember the score but you move on from the game and get focused on Game 3, because that’s all you can do.”
The series now shifts back to L.A. for the next two games, beginning with Game 3 on Tuesday. The Kings found themselves down two-games-to-none in the first round of last year’s playoffs, and were already looking to the future during their post-game remarks after Game 2 against San Jose.
“It obviously stinks sitting here, talking after another lopsided loss, but they did what they set out to do and now it’s response time,” Kings’ forward Justin Williams said.
“We’re going back to our arena. We won the first two in our arena last year and they came back and won the next two in theirs. So we’re looking to repeat that, but we need to start with one.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)