Apr 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Dustin Brown didn’t hold back with his assessment of his team’s performance Sunday.
The L.A. Kings fell behind the San Jose Sharks 2-0 in this best-of-seven Western Conference quarter-final series, after getting embarrassed by a final score of 7-2 in Game 2. The Kings had a 2-0 lead after the first period but gave up seven unanswered goals – all with Jonathan Quick in the net – in the loss.
“We got our asses kicked pretty much and now we go home and we have to take care of our home ice,” Brown said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“It starts with the game on Tuesday. In a series like this, you remember the score but you move on from the game and get focused on Game 3, because that’s all you can do.”
The series now shifts back to L.A. for the next two games, beginning with Game 3 on Tuesday. The Kings found themselves down two-games-to-none in the first round of last year’s playoffs, and were already looking to the future during their post-game remarks after Game 2 against San Jose.
“It obviously stinks sitting here, talking after another lopsided loss, but they did what they set out to do and now it’s response time,” Kings’ forward Justin Williams said.
“We’re going back to our arena. We won the first two in our arena last year and they came back and won the next two in theirs. So we’re looking to repeat that, but we need to start with one.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)