Apr 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Dustin Brown didn’t hold back with his assessment of his team’s performance Sunday.
The L.A. Kings fell behind the San Jose Sharks 2-0 in this best-of-seven Western Conference quarter-final series, after getting embarrassed by a final score of 7-2 in Game 2. The Kings had a 2-0 lead after the first period but gave up seven unanswered goals – all with Jonathan Quick in the net – in the loss.
“We got our asses kicked pretty much and now we go home and we have to take care of our home ice,” Brown said afterward, as per LA Kings Insider.
“It starts with the game on Tuesday. In a series like this, you remember the score but you move on from the game and get focused on Game 3, because that’s all you can do.”
The series now shifts back to L.A. for the next two games, beginning with Game 3 on Tuesday. The Kings found themselves down two-games-to-none in the first round of last year’s playoffs, and were already looking to the future during their post-game remarks after Game 2 against San Jose.
“It obviously stinks sitting here, talking after another lopsided loss, but they did what they set out to do and now it’s response time,” Kings’ forward Justin Williams said.
“We’re going back to our arena. We won the first two in our arena last year and they came back and won the next two in theirs. So we’re looking to repeat that, but we need to start with one.”
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)