Apr 21, 2014, 11:42 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Stephane Robidas has been taken to hospital with a fractured right leg, the National Hockey League club announced via Twitter.
Robidas fell awkwardly after Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt crashed into his leg. The incident occurred in the opening minute of the second period of Monday’s Game 3 between the Stars and visiting Ducks.
The 37-year-old Robidas, at the time playing for the Stars, previously suffered a fractured right leg in November and was initially listed out for four-to-six months.
The Ducks acquired Robidas from the Stars just before the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)