Apr 21, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Stephane Robidas has been taken to hospital with a fractured right leg, the National Hockey League club announced via Twitter.
Robidas fell awkwardly after Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt crashed into his leg. The incident occurred in the opening minute of the second period of Monday’s Game 3 between the Stars and visiting Ducks.
The 37-year-old Robidas, at the time playing for the Stars, previously suffered a fractured right leg in November and was initially listed out for four-to-six months.
The Ducks acquired Robidas from the Stars just before the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)