Apr 21, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Stephane Robidas has been taken to hospital with a fractured right leg, the National Hockey League club announced via Twitter.
Robidas fell awkwardly after Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt crashed into his leg. The incident occurred in the opening minute of the second period of Monday’s Game 3 between the Stars and visiting Ducks.
The 37-year-old Robidas, at the time playing for the Stars, previously suffered a fractured right leg in November and was initially listed out for four-to-six months.
The Ducks acquired Robidas from the Stars just before the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32