Apr 21, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Stephane Robidas has been taken to hospital with a fractured right leg, the National Hockey League club announced via Twitter.
Robidas fell awkwardly after Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt crashed into his leg. The incident occurred in the opening minute of the second period of Monday’s Game 3 between the Stars and visiting Ducks.
The 37-year-old Robidas, at the time playing for the Stars, previously suffered a fractured right leg in November and was initially listed out for four-to-six months.
The Ducks acquired Robidas from the Stars just before the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)