Apr 21, 2014, 11:42 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks defenseman Stephane Robidas has been taken to hospital with a fractured right leg, the National Hockey League club announced via Twitter.
Robidas fell awkwardly after Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt crashed into his leg. The incident occurred in the opening minute of the second period of Monday’s Game 3 between the Stars and visiting Ducks.
The 37-year-old Robidas, at the time playing for the Stars, previously suffered a fractured right leg in November and was initially listed out for four-to-six months.
The Ducks acquired Robidas from the Stars just before the NHL’s March 5 trade deadline.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)