Apr 21, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The incident occurred with 12:50 remaining in the second period. Brookbank remained in the game for Chicago, which was in search of a win to get back in this best-of-seven series.
For Lapierre, this isn’t the first time this season he’s hit an opposing player in the numbers, driving them from behind into the boards. In October, San Jose Sharks’ defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher when Lapierre hit him from behind.
Lapierre was given a five-game suspension as a result.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 22
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)