Apr 21, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The incident occurred with 12:50 remaining in the second period. Brookbank remained in the game for Chicago, which was in search of a win to get back in this best-of-seven series.
For Lapierre, this isn’t the first time this season he’s hit an opposing player in the numbers, driving them from behind into the boards. In October, San Jose Sharks’ defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher when Lapierre hit him from behind.
Lapierre was given a five-game suspension as a result.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)