Apr 21, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The incident occurred with 12:50 remaining in the second period. Brookbank remained in the game for Chicago, which was in search of a win to get back in this best-of-seven series.
For Lapierre, this isn’t the first time this season he’s hit an opposing player in the numbers, driving them from behind into the boards. In October, San Jose Sharks’ defenseman Dan Boyle was taken off the ice on a stretcher when Lapierre hit him from behind.
Lapierre was given a five-game suspension as a result.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)