Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
There’s reason to be optimistic about an eventual return to the lineup for Matt Duchene. The Colorado Avalanche, as you’d might expect, are taking a more cautious approach.
According to The Denver Post, Duchene has traveled with the Avalanche to Minnesota, where Games 3 and 4 of that Western Conference quarter-final take place, and could skate on Monday. Duchene, 23, has missed the first two games of this series and hasn’t played since injuring his knee on March 29.
Just yesterday, it was announced that Duchene will likely miss the remainder of the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
“That will be his first time on the ice, and we’ll see how it goes,” said Colorado’s head coach Patrick Roy, as per The Denver Post.
“We’re not going to push. We’re going to be very smart about when he’s going to come back. He’s going to want to play soon, and it’s going to be up to our doctors and (trainers) Matt (Sokolowski) and Scotty (Woodward) to determine if he’s ready to play.”
The Avalanche opened up a 2-0 series lead over the Wild, as the series shifts to Minnesota. Game 3 goes Monday evening.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)