Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
There’s reason to be optimistic about an eventual return to the lineup for Matt Duchene. The Colorado Avalanche, as you’d might expect, are taking a more cautious approach.
According to The Denver Post, Duchene has traveled with the Avalanche to Minnesota, where Games 3 and 4 of that Western Conference quarter-final take place, and could skate on Monday. Duchene, 23, has missed the first two games of this series and hasn’t played since injuring his knee on March 29.
Just yesterday, it was announced that Duchene will likely miss the remainder of the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
“That will be his first time on the ice, and we’ll see how it goes,” said Colorado’s head coach Patrick Roy, as per The Denver Post.
“We’re not going to push. We’re going to be very smart about when he’s going to come back. He’s going to want to play soon, and it’s going to be up to our doctors and (trainers) Matt (Sokolowski) and Scotty (Woodward) to determine if he’s ready to play.”
The Avalanche opened up a 2-0 series lead over the Wild, as the series shifts to Minnesota. Game 3 goes Monday evening.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)