Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins managed to pull away from the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 1, but if Wednesday’s contest was any indication, this could be a tough series. Of course, the Blue Jackets need to grab their franchise’s first playoff win to make that more than an impression.
The two teams play in Game 2 on NBCSN Saturday. You can watch the game there or via the live stream link below.
The Blue Jackets will bring R.J. Umberger back into the lineup, which could be more of an impact move than it might seem (considering that he’s really struggled this season). Umberger is from the Pittsburgh area, so he may have an added level of motivation (beyond the already considerable drive of proving that he shouldn’t be a healthy scratch).
The Penguins and Blue Jackets should be well-rested tonight, so we’ll see if that opens things up in Game 2.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)