Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins managed to pull away from the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 1, but if Wednesday’s contest was any indication, this could be a tough series. Of course, the Blue Jackets need to grab their franchise’s first playoff win to make that more than an impression.
The two teams play in Game 2 on NBCSN Saturday. You can watch the game there or via the live stream link below.
The Blue Jackets will bring R.J. Umberger back into the lineup, which could be more of an impact move than it might seem (considering that he’s really struggled this season). Umberger is from the Pittsburgh area, so he may have an added level of motivation (beyond the already considerable drive of proving that he shouldn’t be a healthy scratch).
The Penguins and Blue Jackets should be well-rested tonight, so we’ll see if that opens things up in Game 2.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)