Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins managed to pull away from the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 1, but if Wednesday’s contest was any indication, this could be a tough series. Of course, the Blue Jackets need to grab their franchise’s first playoff win to make that more than an impression.
The two teams play in Game 2 on NBCSN Saturday. You can watch the game there or via the live stream link below.
The Blue Jackets will bring R.J. Umberger back into the lineup, which could be more of an impact move than it might seem (considering that he’s really struggled this season). Umberger is from the Pittsburgh area, so he may have an added level of motivation (beyond the already considerable drive of proving that he shouldn’t be a healthy scratch).
The Penguins and Blue Jackets should be well-rested tonight, so we’ll see if that opens things up in Game 2.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)