Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins managed to pull away from the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 1, but if Wednesday’s contest was any indication, this could be a tough series. Of course, the Blue Jackets need to grab their franchise’s first playoff win to make that more than an impression.
The two teams play in Game 2 on NBCSN Saturday. You can watch the game there or via the live stream link below.
The Blue Jackets will bring R.J. Umberger back into the lineup, which could be more of an impact move than it might seem (considering that he’s really struggled this season). Umberger is from the Pittsburgh area, so he may have an added level of motivation (beyond the already considerable drive of proving that he shouldn’t be a healthy scratch).
The Penguins and Blue Jackets should be well-rested tonight, so we’ll see if that opens things up in Game 2.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)