Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
Bickell’s hit put Sobotka down on the ice for a few moments before he got up and headed to the bench. It was just 1:14 later that Brent Seabrook delivered a shot to the head of Blues captain David Backes and led to a five-minute major for charging and ultimately the tying goal with six seconds left by Vladimir Tarasenko.
While everyone will rightfully recall the Seabrook hit, it was Bickell who got the bad vibes started with his questionable hit on Sobotka.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5