Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Update: To little surprise, Seabrook will face a hearing for the hit.
Here’s video of the hit that will surely draw criticism and controversy in the coming days:
Seabrook hasn’t ever been suspended by the NHL. Backes was up on his feet and seemed intent on getting revenge, but also seemed groggy and was held back by Blues trainers. There’s no word on Backes’ condition just yet, but PHT will keep an eye out for news.
The Blackhawks seemed like they were going to hold onto a 3-2 lead despite the major penalty (and even some 5-on-3 time), yet Vladimir Tarasenko scored in the closing moments to send this series to overtime once again:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32