Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
Dallas franchise legend and current alternate governor Mike Modano was NHL on NBC’s live guest tweeter on Friday night and, following the Stars’ 3-2 loss in Anaheim, said the club needed more from its big three of Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn and Kari Lehtonen.
@AnaheimDucks big guys are winning that battle. Andersen, getzlaf, perry. Are out playing seguin, Benn and lehtonen. That needs to change.
— Mike Modano (@9modano) April 19, 2014
Through two games, Getzlaf and Perry have racked up three goals and three assists while Benn and Seguin have combined for two goals and one assist, with Seguin going pointless in the Game 2 loss.
It’s fair to say the dynamic Ducks duo has an edge, though not a gigantic one — the bigger issue, it seems, is in goal.
Ducks rookie netminder Frederik Andersen has been solid, posting a 2.50 GAA and .930 save percentage over the first two games. Lehtonen, still looking for his first-ever playoff win, has posted a 3.56 GAA and .870 save percentage and wasn’t especially sharp in Friday’s loss. Lehtonen allowed three goals on 19 shots and was outperformed by Andersen, who stopped 34 of 36.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34