Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The NHL fined Lucic $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser from behind in the closing seconds of the second period of the Bruins’ 1-0 Game 1 loss to the Red Wings on Friday night.
It was reported earlier today Lucic wouldn’t sit out any time for the obvious incident. It’s the second time in a month Lucic has gotten away with spearing an opponent in the groin. Lucic went unpenalized and wasn’t fined for spearing Montreal’s Alexei Emelin in March.
Lucic could’ve been fined a maximum of $10,000 by the league, but the NHL didn’t opt to go for the full monty.
Game 2 between Detroit and Boston is Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22