Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
The NHL fined Lucic $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser from behind in the closing seconds of the second period of the Bruins’ 1-0 Game 1 loss to the Red Wings on Friday night.
It was reported earlier today Lucic wouldn’t sit out any time for the obvious incident. It’s the second time in a month Lucic has gotten away with spearing an opponent in the groin. Lucic went unpenalized and wasn’t fined for spearing Montreal’s Alexei Emelin in March.
Lucic could’ve been fined a maximum of $10,000 by the league, but the NHL didn’t opt to go for the full monty.
Game 2 between Detroit and Boston is Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 2
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 3
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 9
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 14
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)