Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
The NHL fined Lucic $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser from behind in the closing seconds of the second period of the Bruins’ 1-0 Game 1 loss to the Red Wings on Friday night.
It was reported earlier today Lucic wouldn’t sit out any time for the obvious incident. It’s the second time in a month Lucic has gotten away with spearing an opponent in the groin. Lucic went unpenalized and wasn’t fined for spearing Montreal’s Alexei Emelin in March.
Lucic could’ve been fined a maximum of $10,000 by the league, but the NHL didn’t opt to go for the full monty.
Game 2 between Detroit and Boston is Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)