Apr 19, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Philadelphia will have to make do once again without Steve Mason.
“It’s all part of the process,” Mason said. “I think we’re doing everything that we can to make sure we’re treating it the proper way. As much as it’s frustrating, I think everybody understands it’s going to be a process.”
Mason practiced on Saturday morning but said the injury that has kept him out of action since getting hurt in the final game of the season against the Pittsburgh Penguins wasn’t feeling right. He’s aiming to return for Game 3 on Tuesday.
Cal Heeter will back up Emery for Game 2.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)