Apr 18, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins wanted to play a physical game against Detroit, but this probably isn’t what they had in mind.
There was no penalty on the play, but Lucic might still get punished for this one. You can see the incident below:
This isn’t the first time Lucic has allegedly delivered this kind of hit. He was accused of doing something similar to Montreal’s Alexei Emelin last month:
It’s worth adding that Lucic, who was mad about a hip check Emelin delivered earlier, flatly denied the spearing.
“Just skating by him and that’s all,” Lucic said, per the Hockey News. “People are trying to say I speared him. I did not spear him, so that’s it.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50