Apr 18, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
The NHL didn’t appreciate what Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville himself described as “a bush-league move on my part” and he will consequently have to pay a fine of $25,000.
The incident in question occurred during the second overtime period of St. Louis’ 4-3 victory over Chicago last night. The Blackhawks bench boss felt that Blues defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk should have received a delay of game penalty after he appeared to send the puck into the stands while the Blues were killing off a penalty.
When Quenneville didn’t get his way, this happened:
This isn’t the first time Quenneville has been fined for expressing his anger over an officials decision. He received a $10,000 fine after he called the refereeing a “disgrace” when forward Raffi Torres wasn’t penalized for his high hit on Marian Hossa. Torres was, of course, later handed a 25-game suspension that was eventually reduced to 21 contests.
In 2009, he also lost $10,000 after calling Matt Walker’s roughing penalty a “probably the worst call in the history of sports.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)