Apr 18, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
It was just one game, but losing to the St. Louis Blues 26 seconds into the third overtime period had to be a tough pill for the Chicago Blackhawks to swallow last night.
At least they didn’t have too much time to dwell on it because they have to go back to work tomorrow afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC). Chicago can even the series with a victory on Saturday and rob the Blues of their home ice advantage in the process.
“It’s a long series,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We expected a tough series against this team. There (aren’t) going to be any easy games, but it’s a good example that, going forward, we’ve got to find a way to overcome our opponents.”
The Blackhawks have plenty of experience to put the loss into context. After all, they lost their first road game in each series last year.
They overcome those setbacks and they’re confident they can do it again.
CHI-STL was the eighth first-round series in NHL history to go 3OT in Game 1. The last seven Game 1 winners won the series.
— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) April 18, 2014
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)