Apr 18, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
It was just one game, but losing to the St. Louis Blues 26 seconds into the third overtime period had to be a tough pill for the Chicago Blackhawks to swallow last night.
At least they didn’t have too much time to dwell on it because they have to go back to work tomorrow afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC). Chicago can even the series with a victory on Saturday and rob the Blues of their home ice advantage in the process.
“It’s a long series,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We expected a tough series against this team. There (aren’t) going to be any easy games, but it’s a good example that, going forward, we’ve got to find a way to overcome our opponents.”
The Blackhawks have plenty of experience to put the loss into context. After all, they lost their first road game in each series last year.
They overcome those setbacks and they’re confident they can do it again.
CHI-STL was the eighth first-round series in NHL history to go 3OT in Game 1. The last seven Game 1 winners won the series.
— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) April 18, 2014
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)