Apr 18, 2014, 8:23 PM EST
It was just one game, but losing to the St. Louis Blues 26 seconds into the third overtime period had to be a tough pill for the Chicago Blackhawks to swallow last night.
At least they didn’t have too much time to dwell on it because they have to go back to work tomorrow afternoon (3:00 p.m. ET, NBC). Chicago can even the series with a victory on Saturday and rob the Blues of their home ice advantage in the process.
“It’s a long series,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We expected a tough series against this team. There (aren’t) going to be any easy games, but it’s a good example that, going forward, we’ve got to find a way to overcome our opponents.”
The Blackhawks have plenty of experience to put the loss into context. After all, they lost their first road game in each series last year.
They overcome those setbacks and they’re confident they can do it again.
CHI-STL was the eighth first-round series in NHL history to go 3OT in Game 1. The last seven Game 1 winners won the series.
— Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) April 18, 2014
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 0
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 33
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)