Apr 13, 2014, 5:21 PM EST
In the span of less than three minutes of game time, Jaromir Jagr tied and passed Gordie Howe for eighth all-time in assists. Jagr collected the 1,o49th and 1,050th assists of his outstanding career in the third period of Sunday’s season finale against the Boston Bruins.
Check out video of each one:
As of this writing, Jagr now has 705 goals, 1050 assists and 1,755 points in 1,473 career regular season games (assuming he stops at two assists today). It’s been a strong season, too, with 24 goals and 43 assists for 67 points in 82 games in 2013-14 (again, assuming that it stops here).
Those 1,0755 points tie him with Steve Yzerman for sixth all-time in that regard, too.
The 42-year-old states that he wants to come back for another season, and his numbers and quotes make an argument that plenty of NHL teams would gladly welcome back.
Even if he doesn’t, the veteran winger has made some impressive gains up the all-time rankings.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54