Apr 13, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
In the span of less than three minutes of game time, Jaromir Jagr tied and passed Gordie Howe for eighth all-time in assists. Jagr collected the 1,o49th and 1,050th assists of his outstanding career in the third period of Sunday’s season finale against the Boston Bruins.
Check out video of each one:
As of this writing, Jagr now has 705 goals, 1050 assists and 1,755 points in 1,473 career regular season games (assuming he stops at two assists today). It’s been a strong season, too, with 24 goals and 43 assists for 67 points in 82 games in 2013-14 (again, assuming that it stops here).
Those 1,0755 points tie him with Steve Yzerman for sixth all-time in that regard, too.
The 42-year-old states that he wants to come back for another season, and his numbers and quotes make an argument that plenty of NHL teams would gladly welcome back.
Even if he doesn’t, the veteran winger has made some impressive gains up the all-time rankings.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 10
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 56
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (57)