Apr 13, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
In the span of less than three minutes of game time, Jaromir Jagr tied and passed Gordie Howe for eighth all-time in assists. Jagr collected the 1,o49th and 1,050th assists of his outstanding career in the third period of Sunday’s season finale against the Boston Bruins.
Check out video of each one:
As of this writing, Jagr now has 705 goals, 1050 assists and 1,755 points in 1,473 career regular season games (assuming he stops at two assists today). It’s been a strong season, too, with 24 goals and 43 assists for 67 points in 82 games in 2013-14 (again, assuming that it stops here).
Those 1,0755 points tie him with Steve Yzerman for sixth all-time in that regard, too.
The 42-year-old states that he wants to come back for another season, and his numbers and quotes make an argument that plenty of NHL teams would gladly welcome back.
Even if he doesn’t, the veteran winger has made some impressive gains up the all-time rankings.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)