Apr 13, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
In the span of less than three minutes of game time, Jaromir Jagr tied and passed Gordie Howe for eighth all-time in assists. Jagr collected the 1,o49th and 1,050th assists of his outstanding career in the third period of Sunday’s season finale against the Boston Bruins.
Check out video of each one:
As of this writing, Jagr now has 705 goals, 1050 assists and 1,755 points in 1,473 career regular season games (assuming he stops at two assists today). It’s been a strong season, too, with 24 goals and 43 assists for 67 points in 82 games in 2013-14 (again, assuming that it stops here).
Those 1,0755 points tie him with Steve Yzerman for sixth all-time in that regard, too.
The 42-year-old states that he wants to come back for another season, and his numbers and quotes make an argument that plenty of NHL teams would gladly welcome back.
Even if he doesn’t, the veteran winger has made some impressive gains up the all-time rankings.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 9
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 81
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (82)