Apr 13, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
New Jersey will close out the season with Martin Brodeur in net against the Boston Bruins. Whether or not this represents the final game of the 41-year-old goaltenders career or the end of his tenure with the Devils remains to be seen.
Brodeur, who might become the first netminder to reach the 700-win mark if he plays in 2014-15, has expressed an interest in extending his career, but it’s not clear how big the market is for his services or how willing he will be to accept a backup role if that’s all that’s on the table.
If this is the end though, he will have an opportunity to close this chapter of his life with a bit of symmetry after he started his career with a victory over the Bruins on March 26, 1992.
“Last game of the year; it’s kind of nice to be able to get the start,” Brodeur told, per the Devils website. “Go from there; try to get one good last game before we finish the season.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)