Apr 13, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
New Jersey will close out the season with Martin Brodeur in net against the Boston Bruins. Whether or not this represents the final game of the 41-year-old goaltenders career or the end of his tenure with the Devils remains to be seen.
Brodeur, who might become the first netminder to reach the 700-win mark if he plays in 2014-15, has expressed an interest in extending his career, but it’s not clear how big the market is for his services or how willing he will be to accept a backup role if that’s all that’s on the table.
If this is the end though, he will have an opportunity to close this chapter of his life with a bit of symmetry after he started his career with a victory over the Bruins on March 26, 1992.
“Last game of the year; it’s kind of nice to be able to get the start,” Brodeur told, per the Devils website. “Go from there; try to get one good last game before we finish the season.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)