Apr 13, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
New Jersey will close out the season with Martin Brodeur in net against the Boston Bruins. Whether or not this represents the final game of the 41-year-old goaltenders career or the end of his tenure with the Devils remains to be seen.
Brodeur, who might become the first netminder to reach the 700-win mark if he plays in 2014-15, has expressed an interest in extending his career, but it’s not clear how big the market is for his services or how willing he will be to accept a backup role if that’s all that’s on the table.
If this is the end though, he will have an opportunity to close this chapter of his life with a bit of symmetry after he started his career with a victory over the Bruins on March 26, 1992.
“Last game of the year; it’s kind of nice to be able to get the start,” Brodeur told, per the Devils website. “Go from there; try to get one good last game before we finish the season.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)