Apr 13, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
New Jersey will close out the season with Martin Brodeur in net against the Boston Bruins. Whether or not this represents the final game of the 41-year-old goaltenders career or the end of his tenure with the Devils remains to be seen.
Brodeur, who might become the first netminder to reach the 700-win mark if he plays in 2014-15, has expressed an interest in extending his career, but it’s not clear how big the market is for his services or how willing he will be to accept a backup role if that’s all that’s on the table.
If this is the end though, he will have an opportunity to close this chapter of his life with a bit of symmetry after he started his career with a victory over the Bruins on March 26, 1992.
“Last game of the year; it’s kind of nice to be able to get the start,” Brodeur told, per the Devils website. “Go from there; try to get one good last game before we finish the season.”
The game will start at 3:00 p.m. ET.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34