Apr 12, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
It’s been a brutal season to be a goalie in Buffalo.
Sabres goalie Matt Hackett was taken off the ice on a stretcher after suffering a lower-body injury in a collision with Boston Bruins defenseman Torey Krug.
Krug was sent flying by Sabres defenseman Jamie McBain and fell on to the extended leg of Hackett as he tried to make a save. Hackett rolled over in a heap clutching his leg and needed a stretcher to be taken off the ice.
Connor Knapp replaced Hackett in goal and wound up being the sixth goalie to play in the Sabres net this season and ninth goalie to dress in all. Knapp stopped six of seven shots he faced in the Bruins’ 4-1 win against the Sabres.
As for the injury, here’s the video of it:
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 0
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 71
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (86)