Apr 12, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
It’s been a brutal season to be a goalie in Buffalo.
Sabres goalie Matt Hackett was taken off the ice on a stretcher after suffering a lower-body injury in a collision with Boston Bruins defenseman Torey Krug.
Krug was sent flying by Sabres defenseman Jamie McBain and fell on to the extended leg of Hackett as he tried to make a save. Hackett rolled over in a heap clutching his leg and needed a stretcher to be taken off the ice.
Connor Knapp replaced Hackett in goal and wound up being the sixth goalie to play in the Sabres net this season and ninth goalie to dress in all. Knapp stopped six of seven shots he faced in the Bruins’ 4-1 win against the Sabres.
As for the injury, here’s the video of it:
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)