Apr 12, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
It’s been a brutal season to be a goalie in Buffalo.
Sabres goalie Matt Hackett was taken off the ice on a stretcher after suffering a lower-body injury in a collision with Boston Bruins defenseman Torey Krug.
Krug was sent flying by Sabres defenseman Jamie McBain and fell on to the extended leg of Hackett as he tried to make a save. Hackett rolled over in a heap clutching his leg and needed a stretcher to be taken off the ice.
Connor Knapp replaced Hackett in goal and wound up being the sixth goalie to play in the Sabres net this season and ninth goalie to dress in all. Knapp stopped six of seven shots he faced in the Bruins’ 4-1 win against the Sabres.
As for the injury, here’s the video of it:
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)