Apr 12, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
It’s been a brutal season to be a goalie in Buffalo.
Sabres goalie Matt Hackett was taken off the ice on a stretcher after suffering a lower-body injury in a collision with Boston Bruins defenseman Torey Krug.
Krug was sent flying by Sabres defenseman Jamie McBain and fell on to the extended leg of Hackett as he tried to make a save. Hackett rolled over in a heap clutching his leg and needed a stretcher to be taken off the ice.
Connor Knapp replaced Hackett in goal and wound up being the sixth goalie to play in the Sabres net this season and ninth goalie to dress in all. Knapp stopped six of seven shots he faced in the Bruins’ 4-1 win against the Sabres.
As for the injury, here’s the video of it:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)