Apr 12, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
It’s been a brutal season to be a goalie in Buffalo.
Sabres goalie Matt Hackett was taken off the ice on a stretcher after suffering a lower-body injury in a collision with Boston Bruins defenseman Torey Krug.
Krug was sent flying by Sabres defenseman Jamie McBain and fell on to the extended leg of Hackett as he tried to make a save. Hackett rolled over in a heap clutching his leg and needed a stretcher to be taken off the ice.
Connor Knapp replaced Hackett in goal and wound up being the sixth goalie to play in the Sabres net this season and ninth goalie to dress in all. Knapp stopped six of seven shots he faced in the Bruins’ 4-1 win against the Sabres.
As for the injury, here’s the video of it:
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)