Apr 12, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
The spin-o-rama fooled Martin Brodeur not once, but twice on Friday.
The New York Islanders defeated Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils in the shootout, scoring twice in the skills competition by way of the spin move. First, it was Josh Bailey, the left-handed shooter to pull off the move going to his backhand. Then the right-shooting Ryan Strome did the same thing, just on a different side, on the next attempt.
The Islanders scored three times in the shootout.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34