Apr 12, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
The spin-o-rama fooled Martin Brodeur not once, but twice on Friday.
The New York Islanders defeated Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils in the shootout, scoring twice in the skills competition by way of the spin move. First, it was Josh Bailey, the left-handed shooter to pull off the move going to his backhand. Then the right-shooting Ryan Strome did the same thing, just on a different side, on the next attempt.
The Islanders scored three times in the shootout.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 30
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5