Apr 12, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa probably didn’t need to play in Saturday’s borderline home game against the Predators in Nashville. There was nothing on the line for his team and he’s dealt with injuries (like many of his teammates who didn’t play today) during the 2013-14 season.
The 35-year-old also added extra wear and tear via the 2014 Olympics.
Regardless, sometimes an impressive feat reminds us that a great player might just want to, well, play. Hossa made that argument with this fantastic goal, which gives him 30 on the season:
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50