Apr 12, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins could be headed into the postseason a bit more banged up than they hoped.
Bruins forward Daniel Paille was knocked out of their 4-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Paille was put down on the ice after a big hit at the blue line by Sabres rookie defenseman Jake McCabe.
McCabe was given a five-minute major for interference and a game misconduct. Paille was led off the ice straight to the locker room where he did not return. Bruins coach Claude Julien did not offer an update on Paille after the game. Paille missed time with a concussion back in early March and suffered from concussion-like symptoms in December.
The debate here is if this hit was worthy of a major penalty. The better debate might be whether it was worth a penalty at all. Have a look:
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)