Apr 12, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
The Boston Bruins could be headed into the postseason a bit more banged up than they hoped.
Bruins forward Daniel Paille was knocked out of their 4-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. Paille was put down on the ice after a big hit at the blue line by Sabres rookie defenseman Jake McCabe.
McCabe was given a five-minute major for interference and a game misconduct. Paille was led off the ice straight to the locker room where he did not return. Bruins coach Claude Julien did not offer an update on Paille after the game. Paille missed time with a concussion back in early March and suffered from concussion-like symptoms in December.
The debate here is if this hit was worthy of a major penalty. The better debate might be whether it was worth a penalty at all. Have a look:
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 18
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 6
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 34
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 41
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (167)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)