Apr 10, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Whether the Montreal Canadiens host the Lightning or begin the playoffs in Tampa Bay during an upcoming first-round series, they’ll be doing so without Alex Galchenyuk.
The team announced that he won’t be “available” for the first round of the 2014 playoffs because of a lower-body injury.
Galchenyuk, 20, has generated 31 points in 65 games played this season. He was starting to pick up lately, too, generating a three-game point streak before seeing that end in just a bit more than one minute of ice time on April 9.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)