Apr 10, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Whether the Montreal Canadiens host the Lightning or begin the playoffs in Tampa Bay during an upcoming first-round series, they’ll be doing so without Alex Galchenyuk.
The team announced that he won’t be “available” for the first round of the 2014 playoffs because of a lower-body injury.
Galchenyuk, 20, has generated 31 points in 65 games played this season. He was starting to pick up lately, too, generating a three-game point streak before seeing that end in just a bit more than one minute of ice time on April 9.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)