Apr 10, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Whether the Montreal Canadiens host the Lightning or begin the playoffs in Tampa Bay during an upcoming first-round series, they’ll be doing so without Alex Galchenyuk.
The team announced that he won’t be “available” for the first round of the 2014 playoffs because of a lower-body injury.
Galchenyuk, 20, has generated 31 points in 65 games played this season. He was starting to pick up lately, too, generating a three-game point streak before seeing that end in just a bit more than one minute of ice time on April 9.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)