Apr 10, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Whether the Montreal Canadiens host the Lightning or begin the playoffs in Tampa Bay during an upcoming first-round series, they’ll be doing so without Alex Galchenyuk.
The team announced that he won’t be “available” for the first round of the 2014 playoffs because of a lower-body injury.
Galchenyuk, 20, has generated 31 points in 65 games played this season. He was starting to pick up lately, too, generating a three-game point streak before seeing that end in just a bit more than one minute of ice time on April 9.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)