Apr 8, 2014, 1:25 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks went out quietly as the Anaheim Ducks beat them 3-0 to end any notion of a postseason run, and from the look of post-game quotes, they were pretty subdued after the game.
“It’s disappointing,” Bieksa said. “This isn’t a familiar feeling. We’re not very happy with tonight.”
Most of the other comments seemed to be matter of fact statements (John Tortorella’s profound take: “Obviously we didn’t play well enough,”), with the most interesting takeaway being that the Canucks will probably take a long look at younger players including goalie Jacob Markstrom receiving reps.
That’s about the most exciting thing for Canucks fans to consider as the team plays out the string, as Ryan Kesler doesn’t make it sound like it will be good times during this final week.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54