Apr 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Philadelphia got a much needed 5-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres tonight to end the Flyers’ four-game losing streak.
Brayden Schenn led the charge with two goals, including the game-winner in the second period and his 20th of the season late in the third.
The player with the most eventful night though was Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo. He scored his second goal of 2013-14, but ended up with three minor penalties before getting booted for hitting Buffalo’s Chad Ruhwedel in the head.
Rinaldo might get suspended for his actions and the ensuing power play ended goaltender Steve Mason‘s shutout bid with 12:34 left in regulation.
Philadelphia has firmed its hold on third place in the Metropolitan Division by creating a two-point gap between them and the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both teams have four games left and the Flyers control the tiebreaker (wins minus shootout victories).
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (45)