Apr 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Philadelphia got a much needed 5-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres tonight to end the Flyers’ four-game losing streak.
Brayden Schenn led the charge with two goals, including the game-winner in the second period and his 20th of the season late in the third.
The player with the most eventful night though was Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo. He scored his second goal of 2013-14, but ended up with three minor penalties before getting booted for hitting Buffalo’s Chad Ruhwedel in the head.
Rinaldo might get suspended for his actions and the ensuing power play ended goaltender Steve Mason‘s shutout bid with 12:34 left in regulation.
Philadelphia has firmed its hold on third place in the Metropolitan Division by creating a two-point gap between them and the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both teams have four games left and the Flyers control the tiebreaker (wins minus shootout victories).
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32