Apr 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Philadelphia got a much needed 5-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres tonight to end the Flyers’ four-game losing streak.
Brayden Schenn led the charge with two goals, including the game-winner in the second period and his 20th of the season late in the third.
The player with the most eventful night though was Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo. He scored his second goal of 2013-14, but ended up with three minor penalties before getting booted for hitting Buffalo’s Chad Ruhwedel in the head.
Rinaldo might get suspended for his actions and the ensuing power play ended goaltender Steve Mason‘s shutout bid with 12:34 left in regulation.
Philadelphia has firmed its hold on third place in the Metropolitan Division by creating a two-point gap between them and the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both teams have four games left and the Flyers control the tiebreaker (wins minus shootout victories).
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 17
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 7
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)