Apr 6, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Philadelphia got a much needed 5-2 win against the Buffalo Sabres tonight to end the Flyers’ four-game losing streak.
Brayden Schenn led the charge with two goals, including the game-winner in the second period and his 20th of the season late in the third.
The player with the most eventful night though was Philadelphia’s Zac Rinaldo. He scored his second goal of 2013-14, but ended up with three minor penalties before getting booted for hitting Buffalo’s Chad Ruhwedel in the head.
Rinaldo might get suspended for his actions and the ensuing power play ended goaltender Steve Mason‘s shutout bid with 12:34 left in regulation.
Philadelphia has firmed its hold on third place in the Metropolitan Division by creating a two-point gap between them and the Columbus Blue Jackets. Both teams have four games left and the Flyers control the tiebreaker (wins minus shootout victories).
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)