Apr 6, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
If this weekend was a test to see if the St. Louis Blues are ready for the playoffs, then the results were troubling. The Blues fell short against the Colorado Avalanche and Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday and Sunday respectively.
Elliott didn’t want to highlight a specific problem with the Blues, but did suggest that they need to play as a team in order to succeed. St. Louis doesn’t have a player with more than 60 points this season, but they have tremendous depth as well as strong goaltending.
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock thinks that the team needs to use their final games to “re-energize.”
“I think we had fits at both games. We were really good for the first period yesterday (against Colorado), we had fits in this game, but I think the details of our game are probably lacking,” Hitchcock said. “We look like we’re a little bit tired, so the details that fit us so well and the energy to put those details in place are probably lacking a little bit right now.”
Expectations are high for the Blues after a superb showing in the regular season and the acquisition of goaltender Ryan Miller. They are likely to finish the season with the top seed in the Western Conference and play against Phoenix or Dallas in the first round.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)