Apr 4, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
It was there for the Dallas Stars. The chance to separate away from the Phoenix Coyotes for the final Wild Card spot in the Western Conference. Didn’t work out that way, however.
The Stars lost on the road to the Carolina Hurricanes by a final score of 4-1 on Thursday. They remain in the Wild Card spot but are tied in points with the Coyotes at 85.
“We had our chances to get one and get some momentum, but we just didn’t get it done. We had some good looks, but our second chances just weren’t there,” Stars’ defenseman Trevor Daley told the Dallas Morning News.
“I felt we didn’t react the right way when we got scored on. When you get scored on, you want to be aggressive, and I thought we laid back.”
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)