Apr 4, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
This isn’t good news for the L.A. Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty left Thursday’s game against the San Jose Sharks with an upper-body injury and was not expected to return, according to Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times. In 77 games this season with the Kings, the 24-year-old Doughty has 10 goals and 37 points.
Updated: As per NHL.com, Doughty will not return to the game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5