Apr 4, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
This isn’t good news for the L.A. Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty left Thursday’s game against the San Jose Sharks with an upper-body injury and was not expected to return, according to Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times. In 77 games this season with the Kings, the 24-year-old Doughty has 10 goals and 37 points.
Updated: As per NHL.com, Doughty will not return to the game.
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 0
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 9
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)