Apr 3, 2014, 1:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks did it again.
Battling for the Pacific Division title, the Ducks fell behind the Edmonton Oilers in the third period by a pair of goals, but rallied for the 3-2 win in regulation. Corey Perry scored twice – he’s up to 41 goals on the season – and set up Francois Beauchemin for the winning goal with 1:21 remaining.
Earlier this week, the Ducks overcame a four-goal deficit to defeat the Winnipeg Jets in overtime. The recent comeback kids now lead the San Jose Sharks by three points for the Pacific Division lead late in the regular season.
Meanwhile, the season of disappointment continues for the Oilers. They remain at 61 points and are officially not in the playoff race.
“I think it’s safe to say this has been the toughest year out of the four I’ve faced — just with the expectations we had coming in and the way that we’ve played has let everyone, including ourselves, down,” said Taylor Hall earlier in the week, as per the Edmonton Journal.
The first highlight clip below shows the tying goal – a Perry deflection in front that counts as his 41st of the season.
The second highlight clip is of Beauchemin’s winner, which was a one-time slap shot that Edmonton’s goalie Viktor Fasth would probably like to have back.
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)