Apr 3, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
It could’ve put the Phoenix Coyotes away for good on this night.
The save was huge. The Coyotes, needing a single point to jump ahead of the Dallas Stars and back into the second Wild Card spot in the Western Conference, were already trailing L.A. by a pair of goals. Had Carter scored to give the Kings a 3-0 lead going into the third, well, it would’ve been curtains for the Coyotes.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6