Apr 3, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Luongo has missed the last three games after he was run over by Carolina Hurricanes forward Radek Dvorak in a game back on March 27. Dvorak was ejected from the game as a result of a heavy collision with Luongo, who was in his goal crease trying to defend Dvorak as he charged to the net.
Luongo was ruled out of Florida’s next game against the Montreal Canadiens – two days after the run-in with Dvorak.
The return of Luongo, reacquired by Panthers in a blockbuster deal with the Vancouver Canucks the day before the trade deadline, would mean Scott Clemmensen would be sent back to San Antonio in the American Hockey League.
“Regardless of where I’m at or who I’m playing for or what the circumstances are I’m going to try my hardest so that when the summer comes whatever happens happen I can live with. I’ll have no regrets,” Clemmensen told the Sun Sentinel.
“ll do whatever I can to further my career. If it doesn’t happen then at least I’ll know I did everything possible.”
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)