Apr 3, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Luongo has missed the last three games after he was run over by Carolina Hurricanes forward Radek Dvorak in a game back on March 27. Dvorak was ejected from the game as a result of a heavy collision with Luongo, who was in his goal crease trying to defend Dvorak as he charged to the net.
Luongo was ruled out of Florida’s next game against the Montreal Canadiens – two days after the run-in with Dvorak.
The return of Luongo, reacquired by Panthers in a blockbuster deal with the Vancouver Canucks the day before the trade deadline, would mean Scott Clemmensen would be sent back to San Antonio in the American Hockey League.
“Regardless of where I’m at or who I’m playing for or what the circumstances are I’m going to try my hardest so that when the summer comes whatever happens happen I can live with. I’ll have no regrets,” Clemmensen told the Sun Sentinel.
“ll do whatever I can to further my career. If it doesn’t happen then at least I’ll know I did everything possible.”
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)