Apr 3, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Luongo has missed the last three games after he was run over by Carolina Hurricanes forward Radek Dvorak in a game back on March 27. Dvorak was ejected from the game as a result of a heavy collision with Luongo, who was in his goal crease trying to defend Dvorak as he charged to the net.
Luongo was ruled out of Florida’s next game against the Montreal Canadiens – two days after the run-in with Dvorak.
The return of Luongo, reacquired by Panthers in a blockbuster deal with the Vancouver Canucks the day before the trade deadline, would mean Scott Clemmensen would be sent back to San Antonio in the American Hockey League.
“Regardless of where I’m at or who I’m playing for or what the circumstances are I’m going to try my hardest so that when the summer comes whatever happens happen I can live with. I’ll have no regrets,” Clemmensen told the Sun Sentinel.
“ll do whatever I can to further my career. If it doesn’t happen then at least I’ll know I did everything possible.”
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)