Apr 3, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
It’s simply inevitable. The Buffalo Sabres and the St. Louis Blues will face each other on Thursday.
It’s the first time since star goalie Ryan Miller was traded out of Buffalo to St. Louis that the two teams will clash.
Miller, 33, played his entire professional career in the Sabres organization, winning the Vezina Trophy in 2010. He recorded 284 wins with Buffalo, breaking into the National Hockey League back in 2002-03.
“It’s going to be a little strange,” said Miller, as per NHL.com. “There were a group of guys I played with for a number of years. It’s going to be a little bit different but all great guys, all guys I count as friends. I’m looking forward to seeing them.
“On the human side of it I’m glad the guys are going to be in town. A chance to see some friends.”
Since joining the Blues, the top team in the Western Conference with 109 points, Miller has 10 wins in 14 games. As of the early days of March, he was “very open” to perhaps signing an extension with the Blues.
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)