Apr 3, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Bob and Steve
Some compelling storylines tonight in Philadelphia as two young goalies will face their former teams — ex-Flyer Sergei Bobrovsky gets the start for Columbus, while ex-Jacket Steve Mason goes for Philly.
Bobrovsky has been good lately, even though his record doesn’t show it. The Russian ‘tender has only allowed seven goals on his last 91 shots (.923 save percentage) but last lost all three of his last starts, including a 3-2 OT decision to Colorado on Tuesday.
Mason also lost his last start in a shootout — 4-3, to the Bruins — but played very well throughout the month of March, going 8-2-2 with a 2.48 GAA and .917 save percentage.
No Miller for Blues
“It’s fine,” Miller said, per NHL.com. “There will be a lot of time to worry about that later. This year it’s pretty fresh leaving that situation, so maybe it’s just a full break, get [Elliott] in there.
“Hopefully I get to see some of the boys for dinner or see them around the rink, catch up and see how they’re doing.”
Elliott hasn’t played much since the Blues acquired Miller, but has been good in the limited chances he’s received. The veteran is 2-0-0 with a .088 GAA and .964 save percentage since Miller came aboard, and has a good shot at bettering those numbers against Buffalo’s anemic offense.
Bruins at Leafs: Jonathan Bernier for Toronto; no word yet on Boston’s starter.
Rangers at Avs: Semyon Varlamov for Colorado; no word yet on a Rangers starter.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)