Apr 2, 2014, 1:03 AM EST
When the New York Rangers acquired Martin St. Louis from the Tampa Bay Lightning on March 5, the reigning Art Ross winner had 29 goals. Few expected him to take until April Fools’ Day to collected his 30th goal – and first with the Rangers – while in full health, but that was the case.
Even so, the veteran winger made no mistake about it against the Vancouver Canucks:
That was the 3-1 insurance goal, which ended up being tonight’s final score. St. Louis, 38, now has one goal and three assists in 15 games with his new team.
(The Rangers naturally must hope that St. Louis can shake this off and get back to being an elite scorer, then.)
Burrows hits McDonagh
That check came late in the game, so it’s difficult to tell if McDonagh suffered a major injury (many believe it might be shoulder-related if he is hurt).
Burrows, 32, received a game misconduct and five-minute major for elbowing. He hasn’t been suspended during his NHL career.
It’s quite possible that Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault’s team slammed the door shut on the Canucks’ playoff hopes, though that’s not official. It wasn’t a pure act of spite by any means, however, as the Rangers continue to fight for home-ice advantage in the first round.
As you can see, the Rangers now have a three-point lead against the Philadelphia Flyers (who lost in a shootout to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday), although Philly holds two games in hand.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 19
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)