Apr 2, 2014, 1:03 AM EDT
When the New York Rangers acquired Martin St. Louis from the Tampa Bay Lightning on March 5, the reigning Art Ross winner had 29 goals. Few expected him to take until April Fools’ Day to collected his 30th goal – and first with the Rangers – while in full health, but that was the case.
Even so, the veteran winger made no mistake about it against the Vancouver Canucks:
That was the 3-1 insurance goal, which ended up being tonight’s final score. St. Louis, 38, now has one goal and three assists in 15 games with his new team.
(The Rangers naturally must hope that St. Louis can shake this off and get back to being an elite scorer, then.)
Burrows hits McDonagh
That check came late in the game, so it’s difficult to tell if McDonagh suffered a major injury (many believe it might be shoulder-related if he is hurt).
Burrows, 32, received a game misconduct and five-minute major for elbowing. He hasn’t been suspended during his NHL career.
It’s quite possible that Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault’s team slammed the door shut on the Canucks’ playoff hopes, though that’s not official. It wasn’t a pure act of spite by any means, however, as the Rangers continue to fight for home-ice advantage in the first round.
As you can see, the Rangers now have a three-point lead against the Philadelphia Flyers (who lost in a shootout to the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday), although Philly holds two games in hand.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)