Apr 2, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
From CSN Chicago:
“You definitely have to protect your better players.”
It’s always a passionate debate — to respond or not to respond.
Clean hit by Brooks Orpik or not, clearly Mayers — a guy who racked up 1,200 PIM during his NHL career — felt the ‘Hawks should’ve done something to stick up for their captain.
Some will agree with Mayers, while others will say the best revenge would’ve been beating the Penguins on the scoreboard.
Related: Toews done for the regular season
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)