Apr 2, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
There was a concerning moment for the Boston Bruins in the second period of Wednesday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
Bruins’ defenseman Johnny Boychuk was hit hard from behind into the glass by Red Wings’ forward Tomas Jurco with less than seven minutes remaining in the middle frame. Jurco, who has only 10 penalty minutes in 29 games for Detroit this season, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Boychuk, 30, remained in the game for the Bruins. The Boston blue liner had made a pass behind the net, with his back clearly turned to Jurco.
Jurco continued to follow through on his hit, driving Boychuk from behind in the boards.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)