Apr 2, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
There was a concerning moment for the Boston Bruins in the second period of Wednesday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
Bruins’ defenseman Johnny Boychuk was hit hard from behind into the glass by Red Wings’ forward Tomas Jurco with less than seven minutes remaining in the middle frame. Jurco, who has only 10 penalty minutes in 29 games for Detroit this season, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Boychuk, 30, remained in the game for the Bruins. The Boston blue liner had made a pass behind the net, with his back clearly turned to Jurco.
Jurco continued to follow through on his hit, driving Boychuk from behind in the boards.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5