Apr 2, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
There was a concerning moment for the Boston Bruins in the second period of Wednesday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
Bruins’ defenseman Johnny Boychuk was hit hard from behind into the glass by Red Wings’ forward Tomas Jurco with less than seven minutes remaining in the middle frame. Jurco, who has only 10 penalty minutes in 29 games for Detroit this season, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Boychuk, 30, remained in the game for the Bruins. The Boston blue liner had made a pass behind the net, with his back clearly turned to Jurco.
Jurco continued to follow through on his hit, driving Boychuk from behind in the boards.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18