Apr 2, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
There was a concerning moment for the Boston Bruins in the second period of Wednesday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings.
Bruins’ defenseman Johnny Boychuk was hit hard from behind into the glass by Red Wings’ forward Tomas Jurco with less than seven minutes remaining in the middle frame. Jurco, who has only 10 penalty minutes in 29 games for Detroit this season, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Boychuk, 30, remained in the game for the Bruins. The Boston blue liner had made a pass behind the net, with his back clearly turned to Jurco.
Jurco continued to follow through on his hit, driving Boychuk from behind in the boards.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 10
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)