Apr 2, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
There was a surprising sight during Minnesota Wild practice in Chicago on Wednesday — goalie Josh Harding partook for the first time since Jan. 19.
Here’s more, from the Star-Tribune:
If you remember, he missed the Wild’s four-game road trip to Pittsburgh, New York, Philly and Winnipeg to have an adjustment to his MS treatment. He returned to play two games Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 before being sidelined again. He then returned to practice with the team but then was sidelined for good starting Jan. 20.
Harding would only say he had a “rough patch” that was out of his control.
“This isn’t the time [to talk about it],” Harding said. “We’re in a playoff crunch. If I could’ve been out there, I would’ve been out there. It’s tough, it was tough.”
The Wild aren’t saying much about Harding’s status or condition, and there’s no telling if this return to practice is anything more than just a return to practice.
Harding was one of three goalies participating today — Ilya Bryzgalov and John Curry were the others — while one-time No. 1 Darcy Kuemper sat out with an upper-body ailment. A comeback seems unlikely given that Harding hasn’t seen game action in over three months, but Wild head coach Mike Yeo wasn’t ruling anything out, opting to focus on the positives.
“I know that he doesn’t want us really talking about [his MS], but the reality is it’s always going to be day-to-day, basically,” Yeo explained. “But he’s feeling very good right now and he’s motivated.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)