Apr 2, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Greiss goes again
Thomas Greiss will make his fifth straight start for the Coyotes tonight when they take on the Kings in Los Angeles. Filling in for the injured Mike Smith, Greiss has been good lately — allowing just nine goals while posting a .920 save percentage in his last five games — and has a 1.21 GAA and .962 save percentage in his last two games against the Kings. The Coyotes will need Greiss to be good once again on Wednesday, as they head into tonight’s action with a chance to overtake Dallas for the final wild card spot in the Western Conference.
For Los Angeles, Jonathan Quick will be in goal.
Fasth takes on Ducks
Edmonton’s Viktor Fasth will face his ex-club for the first time on Wednesday, as he’ll get the start when the Oilers take on the Ducks in Anaheim.
Acquired at the trade deadline, Fasth has gone 2-1-1 with Edmonton (2.77 GAA, .899 save percentage) but has sat out the last four games with a neck strain.
Tonight, he’ll be taking on the guy that replaced him in the Anaheim lineup — Frederik Andersen, who will make his third straight start for the Ducks. Anaheim head coach Bruce Boudreau said he’s seen some fatigue in No. 1 netminder Jonas Hiller lately and wants to give him some rest, thus explaining Andersen’s string of consecutive appearances.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 71
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)