Mar 31, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
The Rangers have agreed to terms with University of Vermont forward Chris McCarthy, the club announced on Monday.
McCarthy, 22, enjoyed an impressive senior year with the Catamounts, notching 18 goals and 42 points in 38 games, finishing 25th in the country in scoring. The former U.S. Development Program product established career highs in games played, goals, assists, points, and plus/minus rating this year, leading Vermont in assists and points.
He’s the second noteworthy college free agent New York has signed this spring. Earlier, they agreed to terms with R.P.I sniper Ryan Haggerty.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)