Mar 31, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
Looks as though Philly will be without its most veteran defenseman tomorrow against the Blues.
Kimmo Timonen didn’t travel with the Flyers to St. Louis, per CSN Philadelphia, and is expected to be replaced in the lineup by Erik Gustafsson. It’ll be just the fourth missed game of the year for the veteran Finn — at 39, Timonen has been remarkably durable, especially given he logged extra minutes playing for Finland at the Winter Olympics.
It’ll be interesting to see how the Flyers respond without Timonen in the lineup. He’s been very good of late, scoring five points in his last eight games while playing nearly 20 minutes in Sunday’s 4-3 OT loss to Boston, during which he was struck in the face with a puck.
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren, who is reportedly being “tight-lipped” about this injury, told CSNPhilly.com that Timonen did not suffer a facial fracture.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)