Mar 30, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Brodeur tells Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger he’s “80-percent sure” he’ll play again next season and with his contract up after this season, he wants to know if the team he’s played for his entire career will want him back.
“It all depends on what is on the table, whether it’s in New Jersey or somewhere else. I’m open-minded about it,” Brodeur said. “I’m looking for specific things some teams probably can’t give me. And that’s understandable at my age. But if I feel I can play and people want me, we’ll see.”
Brodeur, 41, said he hasn’t closed the door on staying in New Jersey, but the Devils have moved to Cory Schneider as their No. 1 goalie and he wants to play more than he has this season.
Funny thing about that… Brodeur has appeared in 36 games this season and Schneider has been in 39. Judging by what Brodeur said, he’s angling for a starting job.
This season, Brodeur has put up a .903 save percentage, up .002 from last season, but off his career average of .912. If he’s looking to start somewhere else, he might have a tough time selling that.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)