Mar 29, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
This season hasn’t been filled with too many good times for the Oilers. But Klefbom’s goal was the combination of good finish from the rookie defenseman, who jumped into the rush and buried a pretty pass from David Perron. That gave the Oilers the lead in the third period.
They went on to win on an overtime goal from Andrew Ference, his third of the season. Oh, and goalie Ben Scrivens was good for Edmonton. Good, of course, is an understatement. He made 48 saves on 51 shots, seven of which came in the extra period.
“It’s always fun to win in overtime… I’m happy for Oscar to get his first and for our captain to step up. It was huge,” Scrivens said afterward, as per the Oilers’ Twitter account.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)