Mar 28, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
Steven Stamkos had to wait until the seventh round of the shootout, before unleashing a sweet spin-o-rama move and scoring in the skills competition.
The Tampa Bay Lightning captain sped in, threw on the breaks, spun around and went to the backhand for the goal on New York Islanders goalie Evgeni Nabokov. The Lightning went on to win by a final score of 3-2, although the shootout wasn’t decided until Sami Salo scored in the 13th round.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25