Mar 28, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars emphatically maintained their place in the Western Conference playoff race.
The Stars moved three points back of the eighth-place Phoenix Coyotes by trouncing the Nashville Predators 7-3 on Friday. It was a total team effort for the Stars, as they got goals from seven different players. It was a forgettable night for Nashville’s goalie Pekka Rinne, who was kept in net for all seven goals, which came on 29 shots.
A loss could’ve been devastating to Dallas’ playoff hopes. It would’ve kept them five points back while wasting one of the games in hand. The Stars still have a game on Phoenix, and two on Vancouver, which came off an overtime loss to the Colorado Avalanche on Thursday.
The Coyotes were not in action on Friday, but managed to come away with a shootout win over the New Jersey Devils the previous night, despite coughing up a two-goal lead.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)