Mar 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will give former St. Lawrence University sniper Matt Carey his NHL debut tonight, inserting him into the lineup against the Senators in Ottawa.
Carey, 22, signed a two-year deal with the ‘Hawks as an undrafted free agent following his freshman campaign with St. Lawrence, in which he scored 37 points in 38 games. He shared the team lead in goals (18), while ranking second in points and power play goals (11).
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2