Mar 28, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
It looks like the Philadelphia Flyers will have a $22.5-million fourth-liner tonight at home versus Toronto. Vincent Lecavalier was skating between wingers Zac Rinaldo and Adam Hall this morning, two days after going minus-2 and playing just 12:44 in a 3-1 loss to the Rangers.
A couple of tweets to add fuel to the fire:
Lecavalier has 15 goals and 15 assists in 59 games, his 0.51 points per game ranking him seventh on the Flyers.
While plus-minus can often be misleading as a statistic, it may be telling in the case of Lecavalier. The 33-year-old’s minus-16 is the worst on the team, and that’s while starting a high percentage of his shifts in the offensive zone.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)