Mar 28, 2014, 12:14 PM EDT
It looks like the Philadelphia Flyers will have a $22.5-million fourth-liner tonight at home versus Toronto. Vincent Lecavalier was skating between wingers Zac Rinaldo and Adam Hall this morning, two days after going minus-2 and playing just 12:44 in a 3-1 loss to the Rangers.
A couple of tweets to add fuel to the fire:
Lecavalier has 15 goals and 15 assists in 59 games, his 0.51 points per game ranking him seventh on the Flyers.
While plus-minus can often be misleading as a statistic, it may be telling in the case of Lecavalier. The 33-year-old’s minus-16 is the worst on the team, and that’s while starting a high percentage of his shifts in the offensive zone.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)