Mar 28, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Bobrovsky out, McElhinney in
The Jackets are right in the thick of the Eastern Conference wildcard chase and points are at a premium. As such, they’re hoping the journeyman McElhinney — who has been okay this year, with a 9-9-1 record, .909 save percentage and 2.75 GAA — can get the job done in front of the Nationwide Arena faithful.
For Pittsburgh, Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start.
Anderson back for Sens
Craig Anderson will play for the first time in five games tonight when the Sens host the Blackhawks in Ottawa.
Anderson, sidelined by an upper-body injury since Mar. 10, has struggled this year and failed to find the form that saw him finish fourth in Vezina voting last season. He’s currently holding a 21-14-8 record, with a .908 save percentage and 3.10 GAA.
No word yet on who’ll start for the Blackhawks, though Corey Crawford appears likely.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 9
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 14
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)