Mar 28, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Bobrovsky out, McElhinney in
The Jackets are right in the thick of the Eastern Conference wildcard chase and points are at a premium. As such, they’re hoping the journeyman McElhinney — who has been okay this year, with a 9-9-1 record, .909 save percentage and 2.75 GAA — can get the job done in front of the Nationwide Arena faithful.
For Pittsburgh, Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start.
Anderson back for Sens
Craig Anderson will play for the first time in five games tonight when the Sens host the Blackhawks in Ottawa.
Anderson, sidelined by an upper-body injury since Mar. 10, has struggled this year and failed to find the form that saw him finish fourth in Vezina voting last season. He’s currently holding a 21-14-8 record, with a .908 save percentage and 3.10 GAA.
No word yet on who’ll start for the Blackhawks, though Corey Crawford appears likely.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)