Mar 28, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have recalled defenceman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica — a move that suggests veteran defender Kevin Bieksa is questionable for Saturday’s game versus Anaheim after suffering an apparent lower-body injury last night versus Colorado.
From The Province newspaper:
Kevin Bieksa went down in the second period. He tried a shift in the third but didn’t return. Naturally, he’d been playing his best hockey of the season when he went down.
“I’m not sure,” Tortorella said of Bieksa’s status. “He was just too sore. We’ll have a better idea (on Friday).”
Vancouver is clinging to its playoff life, five points out a wild-card spot in the West. Even a perfect record in their remaining seven games may not be enough to get the Canucks a spot in the postseason.
Corrado, 21, is the club’s top prospect among defensemen.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)