Mar 28, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have recalled defenceman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica — a move that suggests veteran defender Kevin Bieksa is questionable for Saturday’s game versus Anaheim after suffering an apparent lower-body injury last night versus Colorado.
From The Province newspaper:
Kevin Bieksa went down in the second period. He tried a shift in the third but didn’t return. Naturally, he’d been playing his best hockey of the season when he went down.
“I’m not sure,” Tortorella said of Bieksa’s status. “He was just too sore. We’ll have a better idea (on Friday).”
Vancouver is clinging to its playoff life, five points out a wild-card spot in the West. Even a perfect record in their remaining seven games may not be enough to get the Canucks a spot in the postseason.
Corrado, 21, is the club’s top prospect among defensemen.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50