Mar 27, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins just keep on rolling.
Patrice Bergeron scored twice and Tuukka Rask made 28 saves for the shutout, as the Bruins won for the 13th time in their last 14 games by defeating the defending Stanley Cup champions, the Chicago Blackhawks 3-0 on Thursday.
In that lone loss over this terrific stretch, the Bruins still gained a point. So, yeah, they appear to be hitting their peak with the playoffs right around the corner.
The Bruins have been to the Stanley Cup Final twice in the past three seasons, winning in 2011. So, as good as a winning streak in March is, this team has a bigger goal in mind.
“We’re in right position right now as far as where our game is at. But satisfied is a word that doesn’t exist in our room,” said head coach Claude Julien, as per Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com.
The Bruins used the the quick-strike method to put the Blackhawks away in the third period. Carl Soderberg and Patrice Bergeron scored 13 seconds apart to increase Boston’s lead from one to three goals.
On the Bergeron goal, Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford, who coughed up the puck behind the net and tried to recover in time, pushed the net upward from the back, which caused the puck to go out the other side instead of hitting the mesh. After a review, the original call on the ice – no goal – was overturned.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)