Mar 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
It seems increasingly likely that the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers are battling for second place in the Metropolitan Division, and with that, home-ice advantage in a first-round series that might just pit them against each other. (Naturally, other divisional foes could jump one or both of them, too.)
That second spot could change hands on Wednesday night, so tune into today’s most important game either on NBCSN or via the live stream link below.
The Rangers currently hold the advantage, although only by one point. Worse for their cause, they only have eight games left this season compared to Philly’s 10 remaining. Winning today (particularly in regulation) would give the Rangers quite a bit more breathing room.
While the Blueshirts carry a four-game winning streak into this contest, the Flyers just saw a five-game run of their own halted via a 3-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Generally, they’ve been just about as hot as the Rangers have been recently, so this is a good test for both squads.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)