Mar 26, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
From a statistical perspective, Teuvo Teravainen’s NHL debut with Chicago wasn’t remarkable.
The 19-year-old forward logged 11:39 minutes and was 7-0 on the draw, but recorded no points, shots on goal, hits, or blocked shots in the Blackhawks’ 4-2 victory over Dallas.
He impressed his teammates though, who were more than happy to add to the hype already surrounding the 2012 first-round pick.
“I thought he was awesome,” Duncan Keith told CSN Chicago. “There were a couple times there in the (defensive) zone where we made couple quick plays to one another and were able to get it out of the zone. He has so much patience and skill. He’s going to be an unbelievable player in this league.”
Of course, they’re not saying that Teravainen is at that level yet, but clearly the Blackhawks feel the ceiling is very high for him.
Teravainen joined the team after leading Finland to a gold medal in the 2014 World Junior Championship and recording 44 points in 49 games with Jokerit of the SM-liiga in 2013-14.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)