Mar 25, 2014, 7:04 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets are in the Eastern Conference for the first time this season, and the two former Western Conference teams and Central Division mates are battling it out for precious points late in 2013-14. Their latest skirmish takes place on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
The Red Wings currently hold the East’s top wild card spot with 80 points in 71 games played after taking three points in two games against the Minnesota Wild this past weekend. Gustav Nyquist is emerging as a go-to player in Detroit’s injury-depleted lineup.
The Wings don’t hold their spot by a very wide margin at all. Other active teams including Toronto (vs. St. Louis) and Washington (vs. Los Angeles) could leapfrog them; Columbus can also pass Detroit with a regulation victory thanks to tiebreaker advantages.
In other words, a lot is on the line and the East playoff picture can change drastically – maybe a few times – tonight, so it should be a fun situation to watch.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 29
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (154)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)