Mar 25, 2014, 7:04 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets are in the Eastern Conference for the first time this season, and the two former Western Conference teams and Central Division mates are battling it out for precious points late in 2013-14. Their latest skirmish takes place on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the live stream link below.
The Red Wings currently hold the East’s top wild card spot with 80 points in 71 games played after taking three points in two games against the Minnesota Wild this past weekend. Gustav Nyquist is emerging as a go-to player in Detroit’s injury-depleted lineup.
The Wings don’t hold their spot by a very wide margin at all. Other active teams including Toronto (vs. St. Louis) and Washington (vs. Los Angeles) could leapfrog them; Columbus can also pass Detroit with a regulation victory thanks to tiebreaker advantages.
In other words, a lot is on the line and the East playoff picture can change drastically – maybe a few times – tonight, so it should be a fun situation to watch.
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 0
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 1
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 12
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 103
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)