Mar 25, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
If that is correct, the 22-year-old would easily miss the rest of the regular season and a chunk of the playoffs (assuming the Rangers make it) with the injury.
Officially speaking, the Rangers would only say that Kreider won’t play on Wednesday.
Kreider has asserted himself as a rugged player in his first full season in the NHL after getting his feet wet in 23 games last season. He has 17 goals and 37 points along with 72 penalty minutes and 146 hits (second among Rangers behind Dan Girardi) in 66 games played.
WFAN 660’s Sean Hartnett believes that the Rangers will call up J.T. Miller on Wednesday to help fill the void.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 10
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 27
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)