Mar 25, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT
If that is correct, the 22-year-old would easily miss the rest of the regular season and a chunk of the playoffs (assuming the Rangers make it) with the injury.
Officially speaking, the Rangers would only say that Kreider won’t play on Wednesday.
Kreider has asserted himself as a rugged player in his first full season in the NHL after getting his feet wet in 23 games last season. He has 17 goals and 37 points along with 72 penalty minutes and 146 hits (second among Rangers behind Dan Girardi) in 66 games played.
WFAN 660’s Sean Hartnett believes that the Rangers will call up J.T. Miller on Wednesday to help fill the void.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (109)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)